Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The many faces of Yolie

What I love about my middle daughter is... well... everything.
She is a mysterious creature full of wonderment.
She has one of the most gentle spirits I know.
She's organized, funny and lovingly protective of both her sisters.

Yolanta is also tall and very athletic. Seeing as how she did not get the privilege of organized sports or athletic classes or P.E. in Haiti, coupled with growing several inches in a short amount of time when she came to America (oooh what a healthy diet will do for a body!) she is still growing into her long limbs. One thing's for sure, though, she's Sporty Spice through and through.

Instead of a video (like I did for both her sisters in the previous two posts) I've decided to post pictures of her sporty side. She has an athletic build and possesses a natural athletic bent that I'm sure will have her shining bright for the world to see when she's gets a little older (and when she fully realizes her strength, speed and coordination). She's amazing.

She has so many other qualities, too, of course, but this post would be a thousand pictures long if I uploaded one to show every fabulous quality.






Yolanta the Basketball Player





Yolanta the Soccer Player




More soccer




Yolanta the Gymnast




Yolanta the Rope Climber






Yolanta the Tennis Player





More tennis






Yolanta the Rock Climber





More gymnastics





Yolanta the Bike Rider





Yolanta the Archery Shooter





Yolanta the Trend Setter





Yolanta the Silly Face Maker





Yolanta the Tree Climber





Yolanta the Roller Skater






Yolanta the Inner Tuber





Yolanta the Swimmer





Yolanta the Ballerina







Yolanta the Yoga Student



Yolanta the Fisher



Yolanta the Beautiful Haitian Daughter

14 comments:

Blessed Mama of 6 said...

AMAZING!! ... I'm trying to think of other words, just amazing! She is certainly a wonder to behold! I really love her bball form - picture perfect!

The Corrigan Five said...

oh my word Julie, she is so beautiful and stunning! not only in physical form, but you can just see her gifts God has given her shining through. What a gift. :)

Julie said...

Geesh--that is one strong girlie (in more ways than one)! She would kick my tail, for sure, in just about any athletic event. Go Yolanta--you're gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Julie, I clicked on your blog, read all the words and looked at all the pictures you have about your beautiful Yolanda. You are an amazing mother with three blessed and beautiful daughters. I love seeing how God made it all happen and now to see the lives that are truly changed because of your faithfulness and persistence. Hugs and Prayers.

DA

Anonymous said...

Most accurate...ABSOLUTELY fabulous! ♥

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love this!! Especially all the pictures!
I so totally love all my nieces! You girls are the best!

Aunt Sarah

Anonymous said...

You are amazing, i cant not put to words the chills that went of my spine while looking over your blog.. you are phenominal without a doubt. i am proud to have grown up with you and to know you to this day, you are a wonderful mother, it takes a village to raise a child.

Korina

Jenny said...

I love her. She is wonderful and I'm glad she's in my family.

ajnrileysmommy said...

she is gorgeous

The Everett Family said...

You guys are so good at giving each of your girls opportunities to develop their giftings. How much fun it's going to be to watch them continue to grow.

Tiffany said...

Yolanta the Regal Princess:) I am sure there are lots of pictures to back that one up too!

Rachel- Once Upon a Farm said...

Julie, you are an amazing Mama! Look at all your sweet girl has experienced and accomplished! Wow! What a fun post and such incredible pictures!

christa jean said...

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful!
He created her uniqueness while she was in the womb.

Each of your girls are His masterpiece and you do such a great job of letting them know that!
Hugs from us!

Ordinary Life, Super stories said...

wow! She is awesome! I am a guy, but i can tell you that your daughter is way better than me at sport! haha