Thursday, July 15, 2010

A comparison

Hey, let’s go swimming!

An 8 year old girl:
“OK, FUN!” She says.
Reaches into her drawer and hurriedly takes out the first swimsuit her hand touches.
Whips it on, pulls it outta her booty as she runs outside.

Ready to go in 8.3 seconds.

A mom:
“Uh, well, um, ok.” She says.
Do I have a swimsuit?
Do I have a swimsuit that fits me?
Do I have a swimsuit that fits me TODAY?
Is it a 2piece day or a 1piece day? Try both on.
Is everything shaved? Plucked? Waxed? Remove unwanted hair.
Will I be going underwater?
If yes, do I take off all make-up and reapply waterproof mascara or just go natural?
If not, do I leave make-up as is or minimally reapply?
What about my hair, do I leave hair as is, or readjust to look pool-y?
Change swimsuit.
What do I wear overtop? Sundress? Shorts? Skirt? Sarong? Tanktop? Try all options.
Pack after-I-go-swimming clothes. New tank, new skirt, new undies, make-up, hairbrush, towel. Beach towel or bath towel? Stand there for a few minutes contemplating both.
Regret having spaghetti instead of salad for dinner last night.
Consider feigning the measles and not going swimming. Ever again.
Change swimsuit.
Put on flip-flops, grab over-packed bag and walk out the door.

Ready to go in 2 hours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog ! soo true AT

christa jean said...

Can I wear a corset under my swimsuit?

I would have added to your list:

Dangnabit, pasty white legs! Where's my sunless tanner...

;-D

Angie said...

I love it! Sooo true!

And also:
It's so bright - I need a hat. No, a visor so my hair can get natural highlights. Which visor matches best? Ponytail? Over or under the visor band? Pigtails? Bangs or no bangs? Too much with sunglasses? ((change suits - - pick out different visor)) Change mind about visor and now have to reprimp hair because it got all messed up trying on the visor...

Oh, the days when going swimming was easy. :)

yh said...

chaussures nike shox r5 femmes
chaussures nike shox r5 hommes
chaussures nike shox r6 hommes
chaussures nike shox tl1 femmes
chaussures nike shox tl1 hommes
chaussures nike shox tl3 femmes
chaussures nike shox tl3 hommes
chaussures nike shox turbo hommes
chaussures nike shox tz femmes
chaussures nike shox tz hommes
sac a main Chanel
sac a main dolce gabbana
sac a main Fendi
sac a main Gucci
sac a main louis vuitton
sac a main Guess
csac a main Burberry
sac a main Lacoste
sac a main ED Hardy