Friday, March 12, 2010

Why do we even HAVE this table?

Have you seen the movie The Emperor's New Groove?
You know, with Kronk and Yzma? Hilarious.

There is a spot in the movie where these two crazy characters are going down to the secret lab and Kronk pulls the wrong lever, sending Yzma down to the alligator pit. As she's being dropped, she yells out WROONNNG LEVERRR!

When she comes back to the secret lab entrance, she says (with dripping alligator in hand), "Why do we even HAVE that lever?"

Here you go...I found it on YouTube. It's 1 minute and 4 seconds long. But the first 11 seconds will give you the scene I just described. So funny.







So, I have this awesome homeschool table in our awesome homeschool room.
But why oh why do my girls prefer the floor?


Why do we even HAVE this table?




7 comments:

Jenny said...

OMGosh. My kids do the same thing!! The other day, I asked N to pull out her homeschool book and she grabbed it and headed for the family room {bypassing the table} and I aske her where she was going. Her response: "To the floor."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DotBlogger said...

That is so awesome! I am slowly growing more flexible with our schooling.... I'd love to get together soon to pick your brain on curriculum if you wouldn't mind

Sarah P

christa jean said...

We LOVE that movie and need to own it! Carter and I quote from it on a monthly basis... "Sharp rocks at the bottom? Bring it on!"

I love that your girls learn wherever they land, be it couch, counter, or floor. Alas, someday they may outgrow the floor and opt for the table!

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or little-understood methods to build an income online.

Tiffany said...

Mine are all over the house too! I have to watch one certain teenager very carefully who does his while laying on the couch! I caught him asleep once (but only once, as he was told he'd loose his priviledge to do it anywhere but the table if it happened again). I just love seeing them love to learn, wherever it is!

The Everett Family said...

I am finding that our homeschooling area keeps growing. It's hard to contain it to any one little place!