Monday, March 29, 2010

BFF Chopstix

Here is a 2 minute video of my daughter Amy and her best friend Elisabeth playing chopsticks on the piano.

Someday I'll post about Amy and her BFF and how I don't think it was by coincidence that God placed a brown skin girl in Amy's life from when they were each just a few months old.



Someday I'll talk about how these two girls, who are so very different, can't seem to get enough time together and are always scheming for opportunities to land at each others house.




Or about how my super talkative daughter and quiet, shyer Elisabeth could sit in a closet and giggle and solve the worlds problems for hours on end. Oh the things they chat about!



Or how these two girls, who both tend to want to be the boss in their friendship, respond surprisingly well to being bossed around by each other. They have a magic between them.




Or how after every time they get together, I see a little bit of Elisabeth in my Amy and a little bit of Amy in cute little Elisabeth. Maybe they're not so different afterall.


Or about how they learn life's lessons together. Sometimes, not easy ones. I'm so thankful Elisabeth has a Godly mother who understands the value of character-molding. Together we can get through the rough spots.





But today, enjoy the sound of this classic piano favorite and watch these adorable 8 year olds concentrate on their parts like fabulous piano players!



They have a little timing issue in the middle, but with the help of their encouraging and ever-so-wonderful piano teacher, they manage to pull it together before the song ends.

Great job, girls!
Here is the video:

5 comments:

Kismet said...

Love those lil piano players!

~K!

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

I remember playing duets with a wonderful teacher and my sister when I was younger - what fun! Great job girls!

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Great job girl! This is a song I used to play with my dad and brother whenI was younger. It is the ONLY song I can play on the piano.

Jenny said...

Fun! A BFF is so wonderful to have.

Tiffany said...

Sniff, brought a tear to my eye. And reminded me of just hwo many pictures are probably on my hard drive and in my closet from before digital pics, of the two of them.

I am glad "they" {ahem} got "their" timing prob straightened out! LOL.