Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update on my health. Wow, I sound like a Grandma!

Update: I forgot to mention that my chriopractor is a: Full scope chiropractor, proficient in the best of techniques, with an emphasis on cervical specific adjusting and over 30 years of experience with NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association).

Remember that car accident I was in back in September? I was rear-ended.
Well I'm still feeling the affects of the whiplash.

The chiropractor said today that my atlas and axis are misaligned and this is causing the limited rotation in my neck, the sharp shooting pains at the base of my skull, the headaches, the tingling sensation down my arms, the insomnia...
Yeah, I've got all that. :(

This is everything my acupuncturist said so I'm glad it was confirmed by a second Dr.
My needle guy referred me to the back guy because he said he's one of the best in Oregon when it comes to helping people with this very issue.



Something I found on the Internet:
"If the atlas is not properly aligned, it compresses the immediately adjacent arteries acting almost as a guillotine. (stronger pressure from the bones, but obviously no incision). The result is a disruption of the blood flow to the brain, which in combination with other factors can lead to migraines. Furthermore, this disruption of the bloodstream can of course lead to a whole range of further health problems over time. "




Also, there is strain between my C5 and C6 vertebra that is causing my hips to adjust which causes one leg to be longer than the other.



And he said not to do my Denise Austin Yoga Body Burn anymore.

Slow, easy yoga: yes.

Fast, challenging yoga: no.

Wwwaaahhhhh

I love this video. I love my friend Alika who came over to my house every single morning for 2 weeks straight at 8am to do this with me.



Well, I guess I better follow Doc's orders.

So long Denise....for now.

12 comments:

Kismet said...

Peg leg

Amanda said...

does your back dude happen to be a NUCCA doctor??

We love our NUCCA doc. They really know their stuff *at least ours does* and he totally FIXED me a few years back now, when I was in serious, debilitating pain, and I will never see another 'chiropractor'.

Just curious. :~)

Amanda said...

Awesomeness! :~) Hopefully they'll WHIP you into shape! LOL Sorry, I'm a corn ball.

SuperDave said...

I need the name of your Doc. I told mine that I had, headaches, tingling in my arms, insomnia. He said I was old. I want a 4th opinion.

Molly W. said...

Sorry Julie. :( I was rear ended while at a dead stop (years ago) and my neck still acts up every once in a while. sigh. hope you're on the mend soon!

Double Wide Mom said...

What a gorgeous, excuse me "FABULOUS" family you have! Praying for you, my sister and new friend...

-Leanne

angelagarretson said...

I'm so glad you found a great neck guy. If you see a fabulous difference in your healing, would you be willing to share him with me? :) Loves to you

Anonymous said...

They are becoming the enhancement option of choice for many men for several reasons. vimax pills is the best penis enlargement pills on the market today.
http://www.male-sexual.com/vimax-pills.html - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pobXsnw7CWs

Anonymous said...

The effects are gradual and the result will vary for each user. However, further review show that most users experience benefits within the first week. In the first month you can expect erections that stay longer than usual and your penile may even start to become wider. penis enlargement pills - http://www.cucumaerot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kanishk said...

I will never see another 'chiropractor'.
home jobs without registration

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.