Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Letters to Soldiers on Vetran's Day

My girls attend AWANA and a couple weeks ago they were asked to write letters to soldiers and bring them back the following week to be mailed out to the troops.

I reminded the girls of their assignment and a little while later they returned to me with these letters. I was on the phone with my mom at the time and read them aloud to her and it brought tears to her eyes.

Indeed, I pray these letters brings hope to the brave soldiers fighting for peace, justice and freedom in this war-torn world.

The pictures do not do justice (because I took them with my phone instead of my camera).
I'll write it out for you (complete with misspellings).

This first one is from Yolanta.
It reads:
Dear soldiers i hope you wont get hurt i hope that you win.
Yolanta

(with a million little hearts everywhere)




This second one is from Amy.
It reads:

Dear Soldier.
How are you?
Thank you for fighting for america! I am sure you are srong, brave, fathful. I pray you win.
Amy Joy Penn
(With a big heart surrounded by little hearts.





Sooo wonderful.
Sooo tender.
Sooo adorable.

2 comments:

Sarah Penn said...

I have two friends with husbands that are in Baghdad right now serving our country. It is letters like these that will help keep their spirits up! :)

Angie said...

Oh my. Those are so sweet. How can that not brighten someone's day? What beautiful hearts your girls have.