Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009


We're not huge Halloween fans around here...avoiding witches and ghosts and all things scary.
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, lovely, admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things.





We do not sacrifice our children or try to summon the dead. eesh.

Deuteronomy 18: 10-12
Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or consults the dead. Anyone who does these is detestable to the Lord.







We do, however, carve pumpkins, dress up in happy costumes and head to the Harvest party at church!















Amy dressed as a cheerleader (which I can totally see her being when she's older), Yolanta as Sharpay (from Highschool Musical) and Katie was a princess (of course).




















Doesn't Yolanta look JUST LIKE her?




Ahem.















All in all it was a fun holiday, except that I was SICK. Still am, actually. So I didn't get to go to the harvest party at church but I hear it was pretty awesome. Husband took the girls and they came home pumped up on sugar, bags full of candy and laughing their little heads off.


5 comments:

Donovan and Julie said...

This had me laughing...LOVE YOUR GIRLS!

Tiffany said...

I was sad you weren't there. Although I also didn't see your family cuz I was taking the wee one around. And if you had been there, I am sure I would have seen you all:( Missed you at church today too. Get well soon.

Jenny said...

Fun costumes!

Angie said...

Oh my WORD! Cracking up at Yolanta and your comments. Such cute girlies!

SuperDave said...

I wish we had done something fun like that. All I could think to do was bite the heads off bats.