Monday, October 26, 2009

Grandpa

Have you ever had one of those days, where you woke up thinking about your grandpa because he died exactly one year ago?

I have. It's today.

Also, we attended a funeral today. So that made me think about him even more.

And then I read a blog post of a lady who was in the process of adopting a baby girl from Haiti, but the baby died before the adoption was finalized - one year ago today. So I left a comment that maybe her baby was sitting on my grandpa's knee while Jesus told them a story.

I love you Grandpa. I miss you.
I love you Grandma, and I'm sorry your husband is gone.
I love you dad, and I'm sorry your hero and best pal is gone.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the idea of her being loved on by someone so special! Thank you for that precious thought. Blessings to you today as you remember!
Laura

The Everett Family said...

I know how you are feeling! I have sat through 5 funerals in the last couple of years. I have one grandpa left. I miss each of them so very much. Some times I will see a person that reminds me of one of them and it takes my breath away.