Saturday, October 10, 2009

10 on the Tenth

I read this blog as I like her "every day" kind of feel. She hosts a 10th on the 10th that I think I'll start being a part of. If I remember.

Okay... it's pretty simple.
List 10 things on the 10th of the month.

Some ladies do themes like "10 things I love about my husband" or "10 things I hope to do with my kids" or "10 things I complain about." Well, no one has ever done that (that I've seen) but wouldn't it be sinfully fun to do?


This is an especially special day to start because it's the 10 month of the year!
Yeah, I'm nerdy like that.

My list theme is going to be Ten Random Things. Which, secretly, means I have no theme.

I also have no pictures this go'round. But that will hopefully change starting November 10th.


Here we go!


1. Ten rooms in my house that need to be vacuumed.

Yes, I have been blessed with a big house (that I LOVE by the way).

1a) Family room

2a) Dining room

3a) Formal living room

4a) Husband's home office

5a) Amy & Yolanta's shared bedroom

6a) My and husband's bedroom

7a) Katie's bedroom

8a) Guest bedroom

9a) Homeschool room

10a) The hallways/stairs

Never mind needing to sweep and mop the kitchen and bathrooms!


2. Ten times I have checked Molly's blog today to see if she has posted a sneak preview into the photos she took of my family.


3. Ten times I have called my sister today. And I think she has called me 10 times which makes 20 times I have talked to my sister on the phone. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. Not allllll days are this phone incessant, but today was. Oh my gosh, IS! She just called me again. We're twins so she probably knew I was talking about her.


4. Ten little fingernails I wish I had repainted. As I've mentioned, we had family photos taken today. My 8 year old had chippy florescent yellow fingernails! Yikes.


5. Ten times I have looked at my cell phone wondering if maybe I've missed The Call. You see, my friend Sarah is pregnant with twins and I have been honored with the task of photographing the delivery! I don't care if they don't let me in (she might have a c-section) my camera and I will be there!


6. Ten times I have talked to God today. This isn't an actual exact count so maybe it's not valid. It's probably more. I offer up little prayers and talk to my Creator all day long. I love God.


7. Ten minutes I have spent trying to think of something to put for #7. This list is harder than I thought it would be. And I've got a random theme going...seems like it would have been easier. It's hard.


8. Ten miles. Ten miles is a long way to run. But guess what? I used to be able to run ten miles quite well. I've run it several times. I've run marathons and half marathons. Ten miles was part of my training. But, sadly, I have not run in months. MONTHS. Seriously, I wonder if I can even run for 10 minutes. And 10 minutes is about how long it takes me to run ONE mile. Ten tears streaming down my cheek now.


9. Ten days left till my book club night. I love book club night. My BFF and I go together, it's walking distance from my house, and the book we're reading is FANTASTIC! Here's a picture of the book. It's called A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23. I recommend it!


10. Ten minutes I sat and listened to my daughter practice the piano. I adore her 8 year old playing and hope she continues to play for 10x10 more years. The other 20 minutes of her practice I couldn't hear very well because I was giving my 5 year old a bath. But during those 10 minutes I soaked in every note.

That's it! Gosh, it's just after TEN o'clock. That almost counts for another one!

8 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Great job on your list! I like random (which you probably know if you read my blog!)

Some days are like that with my sister too. We don't talk every day, but some days we just can't seem to quit thinking of things to tell each other!

I'm sorry about your running. Bet you'll be back in the swing of things soon.

And how cool that you get to photography your friend's delivery? Of twins! What an honor!

Hope you have a great Sunday! So glad you played along!

Molly W. said...

Just saw this post you did, you are so cute. Okay, I JUST posted a sneak peek on my blog for you to check out. :) hope you like!

Carpool Queen said...

#9 - What a great book! It helped give me such a new perspective on my Shepherd.

Have a great day!

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

I love your randomness... always have...

how about them boys? Picking a totally random day to be born, completely unknown by us... still... I'll call you... soon I hope..

xoxox

PS good job being a regular blogger... keep it up, I need inspiration!

christa jean said...

I still can't believe you have an 8 year old... I hosted your shower (on 9/11, to be exact and your cankles were hurting and my walls were badly painted... good times) way back then!
I really won't believe it when she gets to 10.

christa jean said...

Just to clarify: You only had cankles because you were SOOOO pregnant! You don't have cankles now! :-D
Phew! I didn't want to get in trouble.

Christine said...

Cool. I am so jealous of you photographing the twins' delivery! How special!

Angela said...

I like #10. One of my best memories from childhood are when I would practice the piano and my mother would sit on the bench with me and listen. It was the only time I ever had her all to myself!