Thursday, September 10, 2009

Practice Hospitality. Romans 12:13

I live in Portland, my twin sister lives in Redmond.
3 hours drive.

The weather is lovely because it's hot and sunny in the summer and cold and snowy in the winter. Not a lot of rain. It's desert-like out in the country. There are real live cowboys walkin' around. Sunriver resort is just around the corner. Bend is half an hour away with all the chic shops and cute yuppie houses.

The whole area has that Small Town feel that makes me feel like I own the place since I know where everything is.

Then there's my brother-in-law who is an AbFab cook and whips up yumminess in the kitchen whenever I'm there. And then there's my 3 beautiful nieces who crack me up with their wonderful, unique personalities. Oh, and did I mention my twin sister? Yeah. She's the main reason I come.





Smith Rock. This is a really fun place to hike and spend the day. It's about a 15 minute drive from my sister's driveway!
Another homeschooling pro: we can come and stay here anytime of the year! My sis homeschools her kids, and our kids are the same age. Field trips and cousins makes multiplication and Oregon history not even seem like work. :)

2 comments:

Amanda P said...

You get the best of both worlds!

Kathy C. said...

that is beautiful!