Saturday, June 20, 2009

Read only if you have 90 seconds to spare...

Yesterday I was driving in my car and I felt inspired.

Creativity seemed to flood my consciousness and I felt an uncontrollable urge to write or sing or dance or heck, make a scrap book or something!


Here I am with C.S. Lewis. That's what I'm talking about...creative genius! Me and Lew go way back.

I just knew if I could pull over and get my hands on some kind of medium, I could have whipped up the next best painting or served the next best culinary dish.

Those of you who know me IRL know that art and cooking are not my forte. But that’s how creative I was feeling at that moment!

Alas, I drove to the bank and deposited my check, ran in to the grocery store to get milk and by the time I got home, the feeling had passed.

I read on facebook from a singer/song writer that I know (DHJ) that he was feeling his recent attempt to write a song was coming out cheesy.




Now that my fleeting moment of inventiveness has slipped by me, yet knowing I want to update my blog more frequently, I hope my posts do not come out cheesy. I even can’t stand the word cheesy. And so far, this current post has been nothing but cheesy trying to talk about NOT being cheesy.






But I do like to eat cheese. With crackers and a glass of wine.
This is my current favorite glass of wine right now. Love it.



Regarding the things I’ve promised in my last post that I intend to write about, they're still coming. You’re all so kind to eagerly anticipate them. Coming soon. Waiting for another stroke of imaginative wonderfulness to fall upon me.
I’ll give my blog a new look so at least it will be worth your while to have dropped by.
If it took you longer than 90 seconds to read this...my apologies.

9 comments:

Kismet said...

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

~K!

The Everett Family said...

Thanks for the wine tip! I am inspired to drink a glass of Riesling and think of something creative!

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

I love cheesy.. even Velveeta cheesy... we are all allowed the occasional cheese... bring it on, good or bad.

love you!

christa jean said...

I hear ya girl! Why, oh why, do I feel like a million posts will fly forth from my fingers on one day and the next day I sit in front of the computer staring blankly at my blank post? Maybe I need a pocket journal to write all my exciting post titles on when inspired...

My dear, you may feel cheesy, but you are definitely sophisticated like a good glass of vino!

Jenny said...

I like Tillamook cheese best.

Amy Cate said...

I still want to hear about your surprise project! Or did I miss it?

angelagarretson said...

No pressure Jules. Everything good is worth waiting for. Besides, even your thoughts of thinking are enjoyable. :) I've had that wave of creativity and inspiration hit me in just the same fashion. I get so excited thinking God's working something within. When the feeling passes I mark it up as a gift from the Lord. A hope, A glimps of the future perhaps, or, simply a gift of beautiful thought. Hmm, I wonder? Love you dearly, my sweet

SuperDave said...

I have been absent too long. I'm back and also full of nuthin' to blog about. Maybe I'll eat some cheese and think about it.

Tiffany said...

Please tell Sarah that Velveeta is not cheese. It is a milk product. Speaking of cheese, at my doctor's retirement party they served some cheese with beet jelly on it. Sounds gross but it was so very delicious. If I weren't so lazy, I'd blog about it.

Aaaanyway, I for one am glad you haven't been blogging up a storm. Cuz I'm behind on reading my blogs. And on the rare occasion that I actually do, I read yours first because I can get caught up with you the quickest!