Monday, March 23, 2009

Mercy Me & Me






We went to The Rock and Worship Roadshow last night!














WOOHOO it was so much fun!

For you other Christian Music fans out there, here's a list of the bands we saw:

Addison Road (she is 8 months pregnant and still had enough energy to sing beautifully!)
Tenth Avenue North (cool new sound and fun attitude)
Hawk Nelson (wow, talk about energy! Quite the performer)
Jeremy Camp (what a heart of God he has. Amazing testimony)
Mercy Me (Absolutely Fabulous)

Here's a picture of Mercy Me before they me me and David:





And here's a picture of the band AFTER they met us. Yeah! We became part of the band! They asked us to finish the tour with them, but we only had the babysitters till 10 so we had to decline.













We also got to get in to the Rose Garden before everyone else and pick our seats so we were rockin' close. Literally! And I'm glad we got this privilege because the place was SOLD OUT! Which means about 11,000 people showed up. According to the blog on their website, 1,000 people had to be turned away. We had the highest attendence of the whole tour so far.
It really was a fun night out with my husband and I'm glad that in a time where God is being thrown out the window and extreme liberalism is trying to rule, God is still on His throne and we can gather to praise His name!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't the extreme liberals that rule praise him, too?

Dave+Steph said...

Yipppeee. I am so glad you guys got to go. David and I wanted to go this past Friday as they played in Boise, but we did not have babysitters we could leave the kids with. There were tons of people I know from our church who got to go... Hope you are doing well. Love to the Penn Family!

Anonymous said...

Wow Julie! You had back stage passes??? Awesome to meet everyone! There's a story that needs to be shared! ;)
Rachel

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

super duper cool! or Kool too!

I'm so impressed! I would have loved to have seen it, I heard from others it was AWESOME too.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Very, very cool! I'm actually jealous b/c I'm a huge Mercy Me AND Jeremy Camp fan!

debiachi said...

Jenny......from Addison Road.....is my daughter. I get to watch her live on line during this tour, and when she starts to jump on stage my heart freezes. She loves what she does, and she loves the Lord. How cool is that! Glad you enjoyed the concert.

Molly W. said...

AWESOME! I LOVE Jeremy Camp and Mercy Me!! Wish I could've been there! And too cool that you got to meet them, sounds like a great night!

SuperDave said...

Was it more fun than roller skating or the sing alongs in Vancouver on youth nite at Glen Cullen?