Thursday, March 12, 2009

I like a good read.


Because things have been a little busier than normal, I haven't been keeping up with all the blogs I like to read lately.



And this morning I went to my bloglines and realized how far behind I am in keeping up with everyone.







As I started to click through, I realized something.





I'm a little bored with some of the ones I've been lurking. I find myself reading the first few lines or maybe paragraph, skimming picutures then clicking off. I've actually been doing this for quite a while now. Why do I still have them bookmarked?




I'm going on a quest in the next couple of weeks to find new blogs to read and delete the ones I'm not really that interested in anymore.




In case you're wondering if I'm going to stop reading YOUR blog, know that if I know you personally, I am still interested in your blog! Those are the ones I most love.




If I leave you comments, then I'm still going to read you.
If you leave me comments, then I'm still going to read you.
I love comments. Don't we all?

Really, I highly doubt anyone who is reading this right now is one of the ones I'm deleting. Like I said, it's the ones I lurk and have never ever left a single comment before. So they don't even know I'm there! Therefore, will never know I'm now NOT there.


Anyone have a blog or two that they read and just absolutely love that you think I'd love too?


Leave me the link and I'll check them out.
I'm gonig to start looking through the links people have on their sidebars to get a feel for what you all are reading.
Happy Blogging!

12 comments:

Kismet said...

Comment, comment, comment.

I've been feeling the same way. I have been deleting like mad lately. My criteria is the same as yours, if they didn't know I was here they won't know I am gone!

I don't think I have anything to recommend tho.

Happy reading.

~K!

Julie said...

Let's see... since I know you through my Haiti adoption people, one of the blogs I really enjoy that you might like is Anti-Racist Parent. I don't always agree with them politically, but I don't mind that so much. I get great insight into the issues facing non-white people and I hope that I can learn enough to be a good mama to Beverly and David.

Then, since you are a homeschooler:

Dana at Principled Discovery has a great blog.

And, Spunky Homeschool is good too.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

You know, I deleted a bunch of blogs from my reader a while ago. Didn't miss most of them, but there are a few I've decided to go and pop in on from time to time...just not read regularly. And if they're in my reader I feel pressure...so I just bookmarked them and check them every few weeks.

The Real Gal said...

I am so new to the blog world, this is like a whirlwind.....The excitement is still new and fresh with me. Thanks for sharing this topic on blogs. Will take the time to look through what else you offer. Blessings to you and yours!

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

I know what you mean, I feel like I've been collecting blogs and then a few weeks ago, I just forgot for a day or two to check in on reader and boom - blog overwhelmed!

I like Dr Laura's blog and http://www.thingamababy.com/baby/2009/03/cokecommercial.html which is sometimes serious, sometimes helpful, and mostly funny

His Girl said...

Just wandered over here from Meredith's place... I love her blog, and also http://frogandtoadarestillfriends.blogspot.com/

guess it just depends what you're in the mood for :)

Jenny said...

I really like my friend Cathy's blog. And she has some good links on hers, too. She is on my side bar as Dancing in the Rain. Come check her out!

Amanda said...

Hi there :~) Thanks for stopping by...and OH YES, my Joshua is definitely cuter than my dog! ;~)

You're welcome to stop by any time. I actually read all about your journey to your beautiful girls. I love good homecomings!

Molly W. said...

Ok, whew...so I'm safe right? I'm not one of the ones boring you right?!!! (I need to calm my paranoia). :)

check out www.jordanferney.blogspot.com

I read her blog every day, she posts pretty things to look at, etc.

SuperDave said...

Will read for stars...even half stars.

Jenny said...

Check this blog out!

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

It's HILARIOUS!

Be forwarned, however. Some of the postings are rated PG-13.

christa jean said...

I'm with Sarah, Dr. Laura is cool, she's funny and real and just mean enough for me to like her. ;-D

Have you ever heard of Kismet? She's cool too.

I get a kick out of this gal's:
http://humblemusings.com/archives/2009/03/05/romance-and-the-simple-life/