Have you ever had one of those times where if it wasn't for being with someone you're totally in love with, it would have been a horrible experience?
It was actually quite comical how horrible things were. I mean:
- The service was lacking big time.
- My drink had a huge 'something' floating in it.
- We had to use the force to get our server to remember we were in her section.
- I sucked my water glass dry and had nothing to drink with my Spicy Cajun chicken for way too long.
- Our dessert came on a dish that looked like it was picked up up off the kitchen floor it was so dirty.
- The dessert was actually awful and we had one bite and almost gagged. She took it off the bill for us.
- The entire process was quite literally 2 hours long. Just for the 2 of us! In the bar.
But you won't hear me complain too loud for I was with my cute husband who made me laugh almost the entire 2 hours. One time I almost had water coming out my nose!
And we had a gift certificate given to us by my lovely parents, so it only cost us the tip.
I brought my leftovers home for Yolanta who loves spicy food. The girls were having a grand time with Great Aunt Shanny who let them have 2 helpings of dessert.
It's all about perspective.
Had we been in grumpy moods we probably would have been a little bitchy about the whole thing and it could have ruined our night.
But it was a free meal, free babysitting, a night out with my spouse and lunch for one of my daughters today.
"Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your your youth." Ecclesiastes 11:9