Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stanfords

My husband and I had a belated Valentine's dinner last night.



Have you ever had one of those times where if it wasn't for being with someone you're totally in love with, it would have been a horrible experience?



It was actually quite comical how horrible things were. I mean:




  • The service was lacking big time.
  • My drink had a huge 'something' floating in it.
  • We had to use the force to get our server to remember we were in her section.
  • I sucked my water glass dry and had nothing to drink with my Spicy Cajun chicken for way too long.
  • Our dessert came on a dish that looked like it was picked up up off the kitchen floor it was so dirty.
  • The dessert was actually awful and we had one bite and almost gagged. She took it off the bill for us.
  • The entire process was quite literally 2 hours long. Just for the 2 of us! In the bar.

But you won't hear me complain too loud for I was with my cute husband who made me laugh almost the entire 2 hours. One time I almost had water coming out my nose!
And we had a gift certificate given to us by my lovely parents, so it only cost us the tip.



I brought my leftovers home for Yolanta who loves spicy food. The girls were having a grand time with Great Aunt Shanny who let them have 2 helpings of dessert.





It's all about perspective.

Had we been in grumpy moods we probably would have been a little bitchy about the whole thing and it could have ruined our night.



But it was a free meal, free babysitting, a night out with my spouse and lunch for one of my daughters today.



"Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your your youth." Ecclesiastes 11:9

7 comments:

christa jean said...

Yay for an evening out!

Bummer about the particulars though.

Last time Carter and I went, we were treated special and the food was better than we've ever had there. The French Dip was awesome, so was the Creme Brulee! My French onion soup was delivered twice because the first one got cold while I was away feeding baby and the server offered to bring me a hot one!

Good for you guys for having a good attitude about it all.

Jenny said...

A great memory with your best friend. How wonderful.

Remember that horrible/great trip we took when I was pregnant? It sucked and was awesome at the same time. As a matter of fact, thinking of it now makes me chuckle!

A free evening out sounds like h.e.a.v.e.n. I love gift certificates. They are like free money.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm glad that you kept such a good attitude, and a fun time with your husband despite all the things that were pulling you to be grumpy! Yay, you!

Tiffany said...

I am glad you got away. Bummer that it wasn't ideal though. Stanford's seems hit and miss.

I love the glass of water picture!

Amy Whalen said...

Kudos JP!

Sarah Penn said...

So glad you had a great time despite the venue. :) Sounds like my last date night w/ Rog. :)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the Washington Square Cheesecake Factory manager is now working at Sanfords. We had considered going to Sanfords in the next couple weeks and your blog made me think, "NO!" Then Krista's comment made me think, "Well, maybe". We enjoyed the one out by the Columbia River. MomB