Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's my blog, I can write about me. Meme!






If you're friends with me on Facebook, then you've already seen this list.


I'm not a huge fan of reading Meme's on blogs but gosh darn it they're fun to fill out. I've read 25 things of about a million of my friends on FB, however.



I'm attempting to blog more often and hopefully by putting up a Meme will encourge me to post again soon.






1. I’ve been getting to know the Lord better and better with every year of my life. This has brought an awareness at just how dependant I am on Him.




2. I have an organizational streak in me and I get flustered in chaotic spaces or situations. However, my nightstand and my computer desk never seem to be clean or organized.




3. I love words. I will reread a poignant sentence and pause at every.single.word over and over again.


4. I have a phobia about cooking for people. It quite honestly freaks me out. This is mysterious as my mother is a fabulous cook.



5. I was not prepared for how hard the adoption processes would be. The filing, the waiting, the adjustment period. It was way harder. But oh how I love these girls.



6. My heart hurts for the poverty stricken country of Haiti and one day hope that my family and I can offer some kind of aid and restoration.



7. I am super duper attracted to my husband and love him beyond measure. We laugh at how little we have in common but how in love we are nonetheless.



8. I ran the Portland Marathon 2 years ago. Am currently training for a half marathon in June.



9. I homeschool my children and already see the mental, physical, spiritual, relational and educational benefits it has for them.



10. I call my best friend Angelina Ballerina.



11. I love to laugh. I look forward to laughing whenever I’m with my close friends and my family. I’ve surrounded myself with laughy people!


12. My favorite color is black.


13. I weep at the love I have for my firstborn. It is so indescribable.



14. I have always had a love for all things French. Ohh la la!



15. I went to Paris when I was 5 months pregnant. The edema was so bad that it made touring almost unbearable. Plus I couldn’t drink wine. I need to go back.



16. I’ve been working on a secret project with my Best Friend and we’re nearing completion.



17. I dance in my bedroom and sing in my shower and wonder if I could have made it as an actress for I see myself on the screen all the time.



18. I would choose salty tortilla chips over a bowl of candy every time.



19. I survived skin cancer.



20. I did not enjoy the book “The Shack” and am trying to find the time to blog my reasons why.



21. I get giddy and excited when I think about Heaven. I get even more excited when I talk about it with friends.



22. I used to be nosey and suspicious but have found such relief in giving those up.



23. My favorite part about gifts is the giving and getting the card that goes with it.



24. I couldn’t imagine life without my twin sister. Seriously!



25. I’m a true city girl, but have deep desires to live in the country. And own horses. And offer adventure out there to my kids.


5 comments:

Molly W. said...

Fun to read your list. :) I am with ya on the loving all things French!

SuperDave said...

Ok, Ok! OK !!! I will fill mine out.

Jenny said...

I get excited and filled with longing when I think about going to the Kingdom.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I loved your list! It really is a fun way to get to know each other.

I love that you love Paris. And words. And your husband. I also love that you call your friend Angelina Ballerina. I adore those books and that little white mouse.

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

I love this list again! And now I'm even more anxious to know what the secret project is you are working on with the balerina???

How do you pronounce Meme? You'll have to tell me, I am going to mention it sometime and sound totally uncultured... and definitely won't sound like anyone who took at least 4 years of French in HS... uh oh!