Sunday, January 25, 2009

Engagement

It was 15 years ago that my husband asked me to marry him.

He whispered his I Love You's here at Multnomah Falls after a young adults meeting held at Bible Temple (now City Bible).
Multnomah Falls

To set a better picture, it was in January and at about 11:00 at night. It was downright freezing and we couldn't see the falls for the pitch blackedness. But we could hear the cascading water!
I said yes.
I had just turned 19 years old a month earlier.
Wow.
He told me he'd throw me in the water if I had said no. :)
I don't have a lot of pictures of the two of us during our 8 month engagement or even during our short dating period.

My Mom, my twin sister Jenny, my little sister Abby and me.
The above picture is at the Wedding Tea thrown for me. A bridal shower of sorts where I still have the napkin rings and placemats given to me that day.



The above 2 pictures were taken THE DAY BEFORE our wedding. Ahhhhh. We had our rehearsal dinner at Round Table Pizza because this is where we met. Double Ahhhhhh.
He gave me a diamond necklace that night. Look how young and skinny we were!

The Next 3 pictures are after we got married, but just shortly after.


Yeah, I'm wearing braces in the above photo. Well, remember, I was a teenager when I got married!!


Here is a photo we took for the church directory. I'm wearing the diamond necklace.




Here is our first camping trip we took together. We had another couple with us (Hi Heather!) and slept in a Yurt at Fort Stevens on the Oregon Coast. Super fun.

I love you, Babe.
Thanks for the memorable engagement and most memorable marriage.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Sweeeet...

Husband said...

That is one good looking couple. It's almost hard to believe they look even better now. Well, at least Julie does.

SuperDave said...

I love to play remember when. Your mom and I have lots of memories of the Columbia Gorge area as well. Fun pics. HED.

Kismet said...

Oh that is the most lovely post ever!
WHat an adorable couple.

Teenage brides are the best! Esp if they stay married ;)

Happy Engagement Day.

~K!

christa jean said...

I especially love the dress you're wearing at the Wedding Tea, Jules, and Jen looks equally as snazzy... but your mom! HOT! ;-D

Molly W. said...

Ahhh and onmygosh you were so young!! WOW!! Congrats all these years later. :)

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

Just too adorable, even with the braces!

Love the new background! :-)

Amanda P said...

LOVE the pictures but I still can't find Jenn in the first photo...at all. Seriously!