Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Long and Short of it is...

Interestingly, several people are curious about my hair. I added that to the list of posts for the upcoming month and a couple of commenters and emailers asked that to be sooner than later.







Well, I'm going to have to disappoint you because I have not done anything with my hair to warrant a super cool post. But I wanted you to know that now so when those whom I know IRL won't think I'm a fibber when they run into me at the store or at church and see that my hair still looks the same. Long. Brown. Boring.






For the most part, I have always had long hair. I did cut it fairly short when my daughter Amy turned One. She's now Seven. And my hair is now back to long. And brown. And still boring. With bits of gray shining through, now. Alllll the more reason to do something, and quick.


I can't decide if I want keep it long and do fun bangs with streaks of auburn and some layers OR cut it super short and be sassy all winter long.
Sorry, folks. That's my big dilemma right now.



My husband likes my hair long, but he's been saying he'd be interested to see what I look like with it really short. He's given me his green light if I want to do it.





I'll bring a photographer along with me when I go get it done so you can see the before and after pictures. Molly, when do you come home from Ireland? :) Take pictures for me.





I wish I had exciting news about my hair but really you are getting a glimpse into my indecisiveness that sometimes rules my life. But thanks for caring about my hair. We're such girls, aren't we?
Oh, hi dad.


If you've done something fun and drastically different to your hair and want to post before and after pictures, that could be a fun thing to go check out. Leave me a comment and I'll go see!

10 comments:

Better be the husband said...

I disagree. I think it is long, brown, and sexy. Might have something to do with the outrageous hottie under it.

Amanda P said...

If you want some fun style or drastic change you can do it (without cut) with layers and/or color. I did that, layers and I LOVE it. Just need a stylist that you trust....

Youthful One said...

I did something that felt drastic to me, but in the nearly 4 weeks since then only two people in my entire life noticed the difference. (That would be you, SV and TC!) And neither of those people live in my house! (That's right, my kids didn't even notice. And my hubby doesn't count cuz he was in on it.) So... no point in me posting before & after pics.

I think you are more daring than I and so I look forward to whatever you choose to do. Maybe it will inspire me to be a bit more daring too.

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

I like it long, and I love your color. If you did anything, maybe a really bold dark color... like wonder woman



I went really drastic, first time I cut it short. My boyfriend (who happens to have become my husband) told me not to do it. When he saw it, he was so mad at me, he barely spoke to me. We hadn't seen each other in almost a month and I came specifically to visit him and I'm getting the silent treatment. He finally broke and told me he thought it looked hot, but he was mad that I went against his wishes...

(no advice in that story, just a funny story. I think you should honor your husband, but I also think there are times that we know what will be better for certain things, like hair, but not always)

The Everett Family said...

Funny you did this post because I was feeling the urge to do something different myself! Can you tell?

Molly W. said...

ohmygosh, I was thinking today how I should update my facebook status with "Molly is in desperate need of haircut!" I fly into Oregon on Dec. 18th and would be happy to accompany you to get your haircut so I can snap away! :) I say go short! I'm a big fan of short hair and randomly cut mine super short from time to time. Go for it! Its hair, it'll grow back.

christa jean said...

The bangs always look cute on you, but as we who get bangs know, you have to keep them up or they quickly become long bangs in our eyes.

My suggestion is go half way with funky layers and then you can still throw it into a ponytail. Then if it's still not cutting it (ha ha) go way short and sassy!

Kismet said...

Get hair extensions like your girls!


~K!

SuperDave said...

Two words Reverse mohawk. Daring and sassy. I will if you will.

Tiffany said...

I got tons of layers in mine. Didn't cut much length but it looks way shorter. I think cuz still have baby hairs growing out around the front from when I was last pg.

I always seem to prefer long hair on most people. I think layers and color would be fun and funky. I like funky:0 And fun.