Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Have you been missing me? Tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

I've been reading a few blogs lately of ladies who are going to be taking a break from blogging during this busy year-end.

While that makes perfect sense, and actually is exactly the very thing I should be doing, I am going to attempt the opposite.


I've been delinquent in blogging and have been missing it. Not just to "get something posted" but to journal out my thoughts and expressions.

I also want to keep friends and family updated on the girls since they've been home for only 5 months now (tomorrow the 3rd marks the 5 month mark).


So here I go. Back in business.

Here is a glimpse of some of the things I intend to post this month:


  • Pictures of the girls' first Thanksgiving
  • Pictures of the girls' first Christmas with their new family
  • My review of the book The Shack and why I think it is a dangerous book (you heard me)
  • The difference in bonding with my biological daughter, my 4 year old and my 6 year old (yes, there have been differences)
  • Pictures of Zoo Lights with the girls' brother
  • How the pain of waiting for 2.5 years for the adoption to take place still affects me (even though "they" said it would fade away)
  • Why I think a prayer and accountability partner or group is ultra important for everyone

  • A change in hairstyles for me

  • Other fun stuff that I hope will make you laugh (as you may recall, I like reading funny posts and hope to offer you a bit of humor now and then, too).


So no longer worry that DotBlogger has fallen off the Blog Planet. I know you all check my blog one thousand times a day hoping to get a glimpse into my kooky mind. Well okay, I know most of you use a notifier and only check my blog if google or bloglines tells you to. But I'll take it.


Do these things interest you? Is there anything else you'd like to know about adoption or homeschooling or God or anything else that my opinion is of interest to you? Let me know!






8 comments:

Youthful One said...

I, for one, am looking forward to each and every post.

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

Have you noticed? ME TOO! I'm all about making things more busy during December! I actually figure it helps me, if I get to empty my brain more often I'm a much better human being. AND I figure it's a little bit of a Christmas gift to everyone who decides to catch up with us, they'll have alot to read!

Whereas you are entitled to your opinion, I may not read the Shack post... just kidding, I will read it and hear you with an open mind... ish...

Did you change your hair style and not tell me? I must hear this one sooner than later.

Happy Christmas, bring em on!

ames said...

ooooo, I want to hear about all of these!

Jenny said...

I'm curious to hear why you think The Shack is dangerous.

Amanda P said...

Yes, yes, and yes.

Your days with God,yes.
Your days with girls, yes.
Your homeschooling days- definitely.

Thanks for taking time to blog. It's good medicine for me. :)

christa jean said...

If you could lay out your homeschooling strategies for the last, um, 5 years so I could follow them precisely... ;-D

I'm curious about your hair too, make that one first.

Kismet said...

I will be checking each and every day cause I don't use a notifier and it is thanks to me that your page views go up cause I am checking daily...you're welcome. :)

I can't wait to see your hair change.

I would be interested in homeschooling details regularly also. What are you doing, how are you doing it, how is it going, how do you tailor your teaching for each child??

Do tell!

I'll be back.


~K!


www.Kismet.blogs.com

Molly W. said...

Can't wait for the posts!