Monday, August 18, 2008

The Skirt.

I have this skirt that I forgot about. I unearthed it looking for something to wear to a party.
It's dressy, but yet, casual. Depending on the shoes, shirt and jewels that accompany it.

The reason I know it can work all ways is because I pretty much didn't take it off this past weekend.

First, on Friday night, I attended an Oscar's themed 21st birthday party in which I presented an award to the birthday girl for "Best Babysitter in the World" for being my daughter's very first babysitter. I looked hip and cool in this skirt.

Then on Saturday afternoon I attended a baby shower at a house that had no air and it was, quite literally, 102 degrees outside. I looked summery and pretty in this skirt.

Then, Sunday morning, I wore it to church. I felt wholesome and dressy in this skirt.

Lastly, Sunday night, I wore the skirt to The Phantom of the Opera live on stage. I felt quite classy in this skirt.

I didn't take pictures of myself all along the way, but know that I wore a different top, different shoes, different jewelry and a different hairstyle each and every time. I'm kind of laughing at myself that I could get away with wearing it so many times in just 3 days.

Though, my cover is slightly blown for the girl throwing the baby shower on Saturday afternoon just also happened to be at the Opera on Sunday night! We ran into each other at intermission! Small world. I have no idea if she realized I was wearing the same skirt. Probably.

Like I said, I have no pics of me in my "uniform".
Would you like to see a picture of the famous skirt? It's getting ready to go to the dry cleaners.

7 comments:

Youthful One said...

Jealous.

And Love to!
I've been looking for just such a skirt!

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

you + clothes = me + leftovers

... u r way more glamorous!

TheWinnFamily said...

That is H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.! The fact that you ran into her at the Opera, what ARE the odds?! And yes, I think a photo is in order. :)

dkuroiwa said...

I am all about finding that one piece of clothing that works for many different situations!! Kudos to you!!!
And yeah...a picture would be great...c'mon...when the skirt comes back from the cleaners and you put it on again ('cause you know you will!!) take a picture!!!
:-D

Becoming Me said...

I love your blog and thank you for your comment on mine. I love skirts and have a few that I can dress up or down...fun!

Kismet said...

Love the new look!

both the blog and the skirt :)


~K!

Anonymous said...

Is that the skirt I made for you in shop class?

Grampy