Thursday, August 21, 2008

I hear Mary Poppins in the background

Helpful
Happy
Homey

My girls, all three of them, are delighted to help me work around the house. Usually.
We have a motto: You can have fun and get the job done!

I hate mopping. I reserve the word hate for: sin, the devil and mopping.

But I want to encourage my girls to be helpful around the house with happy attitudes, so I purpose to hide my disdain for mopping by whistling while I work.
I include the girls every chance I get (they love doing things with me) and then reward them with hugs and words of encouragement and praise on their helpfulness all along the way. They somehow think mopping is fun now.
Just like I'm trying to instill a love of learning for my girls through homeschooling, I also want to instill a love of helping and serving and working. They don't have to do cart-wheels over the idea of dusting, but hopefully they will find satisfaction and blessings about having a Christ-like attitude towards service.

I changed the look of my blog but will plan on changing it again soon because I don't really like the two tone page. However, instead of mopping, I'd rather be on a white sands beach resting in the sunshine.

Not that there's anything wrong with mopping, right girls!?



Aren't they all so cute in their pink skirts?


In everything that he undertook in the service of God's temple and in obedience to the law and the commands, he sought his God and worked wholeheartedly. And so he prospered.
2 Chronicles 30:20-21

5 comments:

Husband said...

Shows how well I know my wife. I thought the only things she hated were cooking and math.

Anonymous said...

When are they going to mow? I need backup!

Grampy

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

Definitely nothing wrong with mopping.

I heard someone talking about how grateful they were that their mother gave them chores as a child. A generation ago, it would have been unusual for a parent to not give their children regular chores. Our generation is about 50/50. Our children's generation appears to have parents who do it all for their children... sad...but! Your children are blessed to have parents who instill such wonderful teaching opportunities in them.

The Everett Family said...

I hate cleaning bathrooms. I would mop a hundred floors before cleaning the bathroom. Want to trade some day?

Kismet said...

Hey Ju?
They have these wonderful inventions now called MOPS! They make the job go so much faster and honestly, it is more fun.


Try it. And maybe get your girls each one too.

Did you have a wicked mother who made you mop on your hands and knees also?

Love you.

~K!

www.kismet.blogs.com