A dear friend of mine recently confessed a sin in her heart and recognized a need for change in her life.
I admire her for her bravery in admitting weakness.
I support her as she seeks accountability for change.
I stand in amazement and am inspired by her humility.
I did a quick search on what the Bible says about humility and here is what I found:
- Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up.
- When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
- The fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor.
- Humility and the fear of the Lord bring wealth and honor and life.
- Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger. Zephaniah 2:3
- Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
- The Lord sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts.
1 Samuel 2:7
- You save the humble, but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them low.
2 Samuel 22:28
Hold firm to God's Word, friend, that you will be saved, lifted up, blessed with wisdom and all sorts of other general goodness from God. He's always faithful to His people.
To be honest...I'm being humbled myself, these days. May I find the strength that my friend found to offer up my heart and ask God to help me.
Mothering 3 children is hard.