Thursday, July 31, 2008

Humility


A dear friend of mine recently confessed a sin in her heart and recognized a need for change in her life.


I admire her for her bravery in admitting weakness.
I support her as she seeks accountability for change.
I stand in amazement and am inspired by her humility.

I did a quick search on what the Bible says about humility and here is what I found:


  • Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up.
    James 4:10

  • When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
    Proverbs 11:2

  • The fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor.
    Proverbs 15:33

  • Humility and the fear of the Lord bring wealth and honor and life.
    Proverbs 22:4

  • Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger. Zephaniah 2:3
  • Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
    Philippians 2:3

  • The Lord sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts.
    1 Samuel 2:7

  • You save the humble, but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them low.
    2 Samuel 22:28
Hold firm to God's Word, friend, that you will be saved, lifted up, blessed with wisdom and all sorts of other general goodness from God. He's always faithful to His people.


To be honest...I'm being humbled myself, these days. May I find the strength that my friend found to offer up my heart and ask God to help me.


Mothering 3 children is hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Mothering 3 kids is hard"

I think you are doing very well. Remember everyone else got to warm up to 3 kids. Plus as families grow, infants sleep alot giving you a break. you skipped a few important growing areas and are still playing catch up. It will get easier. It will fall into routine.

Your Dad
(Grampy)

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

I'm beginning to think that God is constantly trying to teach us to stop trying to do it all ourselves and rely fully on him.

Great scriptures.

I need a dose of humility daily... no, maybe hourly. If it means that I'm constantly turning away from what I think my own strengths are and turning towards His Awesome Power and Strength and Provision.

Check this too.. so good.
http://justice27.wordpress.com/2008/07/30/excuse-me-um-god-i-think-i-may-be-mad-at-you/

Ginaagain said...

God never gives us more than we can handle with his help. It's when we try so hard to do it on our own that we get in trouble. Raising children is the most humbling of all tasks that he gives to us and we need to lean on him constantly. Not just because it's hard but because we don't know what his plan is for our children.

The Everett Family said...

Oh man.. I think raising two is hard!
"We mistakenly think God gave us children for us to raise them ... I think God gives us children for Him to finish the process of raising us."
- Dennis Rainey