Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mini Golf. Maxi Love.

When Husband and Daughter have a day together, they will often head to Costco for a hotdog and a berry sundae. Then they throw a stone and ta-da, they're at the miniature golf park right next door. What a fun date for a dad and his 6 year old!

I sent the camera asking for pictures of their adventures and even 'suggested' trying to get a pic of them together. But all that came back were of Amy. Trust me, David was there. He took the pics.

David is a jack of all trades and I can tell by looking at these photos that he has Amy well-instructed on how to hold a putter. They bring home their scores (yes, they keep score!) and I'm always impressed. What that man can't teach his daughter!

With berry stains on their faces and laugh lines to match, it's no wonder she listens so patiently to her father. They're eager to please each other.


I love their bond.
I love his devotion and would-do-anything-for-my-child life he leads.

I love her teachable spirit and her head-over-heels love she has for her dad.

I'm jealous of their dates but know KNOW how important it is for their relationship.
What a pair they make. I don't know who makes who laugh more but if we were keeping score, I'm sure it would be pretty close.
Me? I just cry because I'm so in love with them both.

5 comments:

christa jean said...

I think her outfit is especially fabulous and artistic! Amy rocks at our house too!

Kismet said...

Well you could always go to jail and just leave them alone..... ;)

Good job on the pics dad. I guess he doesn't like the am extension self portrait either!


~K!


www.kismet.blogs.com

Natalie @ I AM (not) said...

I love it when hubs takes my girls on dates! Thanks for coming to my blog!

Your family and BFF are Beautiful!

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

Hey! she took the words right outa my mouth (and we all know how hard that is to do!)

What a perfectly beautiful family!? The only thing that would make it more perfect is two Haitian princesses... can you do something about that?

Genny said...

That is so sweet! She will have such precious memories!