Sunday, June 22, 2008

Enchanted Forest

Every year my dad (AKA Grampy) and I take Amy and Mason to Enchanted Forest.
It's one of those adorable little theme parks known to those only here in the woodsy NorthWest.
My parents used to take us to EF when we were little and I'd pay handsomely for pictures if anyone can find them!
My dad and I are coffeeholics and we always start the 45 minute drive with a good cup of jo from home or from a drive thru. Or both. This year we did both. Gotta have me some coffee!
(Sorry Claire, I broke the one-cup-a-day rule). Sometimes we go to EF with cousins (if they're up from Redmond) sometimes we go by ourselves and this year we brought Angela (see her pretty face on the sidebar!) and her kids. I totally recommend it! Note: Not ideal for strollers.
It's one of those places that keeps it's character due in part because it hasn't been updated since it opened in 1971. So it's old and rickety. They've added a few rides, but for the most part, it's stayed the same. Modern technology could totally revamp the whole park and turn it into something grander, but I think that would lose it's heart.
Here are a few comparison pictures.
2006















2007





2008

8 comments:

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

That looks like so much fun, and in my opinion, probably better than the updated hi-tech parks. I totally need to make a special day to go with my older kids, or something....

I LOVE that white skirt on you - adorable!

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

umm...is this unpatriotic to say?? Abe Lincoln really creaps me out!

christa jean said...

Coffe, Grampy, your best friend and cute kids... what more could you ask for?!!!

christa jean said...

that was supposed to be coffee!
I can spell, sometimes! ;-D

The Pfeiffer Family said...

I love the Enchanted Forest!! As a girl my brother and I would go there every summer with our cousins and aunt who live in Albany. It was so fun! I have taken my boys a few times and they enjoy it too. You are right it still feels the same as when I was young, except for a few "newer rides" One of my favorite things as a girl was the water show. Glad you had fun with your family.

Kismet said...

Oh I"ll bet your dad could come up with some pictures if he put his mind to it.

Love that skirt also.

~K!


www.kismet.blogs.com

Genny said...

Looks like so much fun. And I hear you about needing coffee! I wouldn't do well with the one cup a day rule. LOL!

JenB said...

I'm finally catching up on my blog reading. Thanks for the comments. Can't wait to read about your adoption process. Nice to "meet" you!!