Friday, May 9, 2008

Super Zombie

I was having a discussion with my friend SV one day about movies.

"Oh, I haven't seen I Am Legend yet, is it good?" I ask.

She replies "Well, it's okay, but don't make the same mistake I did by seeing it with your dad. The movie is about zombies...talk about an uncomfortable situation to watch a movie like that with your dad!"

"Uh, well, actually, my dad's middle name is Zombie." I said.


My dad has always been a fan of zombie movies, the un-dead stories, monsters, old '50's and 60's horror movies (even the poorly made ones!) It's just been a thing he's always found fascinating. He's not a freak about them or have images of Chucky hanging off his keychain or anything. It brings him back to being a 10 year old boy. Which is, I think, the age he would go back to and stay forever 10 if he could.


He's also known as SuperDave where he works and they don't call him that for nuthin'!
My dad IS super.


Here is his absolutely fabulous reply after I told him about the Legend movie conversation I had:


"Thanks for knowing me so well. I bet you didn't know my middle name used to be -night-of-the-living-dead-, it was too long so I shortened it to Zombie.

SuperDave Zombie Lairson

Ps: Tell your friends I also rent out for the evening. Just Google search cool dad pdx for rates and availability. I specialize in weddings and extended family reunions. "
My dad cracks me up.




<---This is not my dad. This is my husband.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow, DAP has been in the sun alot! When you are tired and look zombiesque I will know you come by it naturally;)

Sustainable Juice said...

your dad is funny, thanks for making me smile

SuperDave said...

Thanks Dot. I do love a good B grade movie.