Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Surprise

New Info as of 3:00 this afternoon:
Katie's medical exams have been done and submitted and are with the dossier.

Yolanta's medical exam just took place today and the results will be in in about 2-3 days.
Once in, it will be added to the dossier (these medical results are the last thing needed for the dossier to be complete).
Once complete, it will be sent to the consulate for visa appointment.
We will give the consulate ONE WEEK to get a visa appointment scheduled. If after ONE WEEK we still do not have our appt, we will call Gordon Smith's office as it has been apparent that this is sometimes what it takes to get them to move along in a more timely, efficient manner.
Still hoping for May!


***Original Post***
David and I have been praying fervently for God to bring our girls home soon. We were sooooo hoping for Mother's Day.



My friend Hillory was praying that we'd leave for Haiti on the Friday before Mother's day so we'd be in Haiti on Mother's Day.



My mother-in-law sent me this note on the Monday before Mother's Day:



I want you to know that we are going to be praying especially hard (begging)
that you will be called to go get the girls by Mother’s Day. That means
this week – SOON – not any later. We will be begging God every day and I
will ask choir members to keep up their prayers. Also our Sabbath School
class. It is time for a prayer-in. It is time for Yolanta and Katie
to meet Amy and Daddy and to feel safe and loved and part of their forever
family. May this be one of the best weeks of your lives. Love, Mom




Well, as you know, Mother's Day came and went yesterday and we did not get the call to go get our girls.



We got home super late last night (around 11pm) and I saw on my answering machine that I missed a call from LeAnne, our adoption agent. No message, though. Then I looked on my cell phone and see that she had tried to call me there, too. Why did I forget my cell phone that day!?



Still though, no voicemail. No email.

David and I looked at each other and debated calling her. No. It's too late. Plus, she's in a timezone one hour later than us. It's after midnight at her house. Still....do you think it's important? Well, if it was, she'd have left a message. We went back and forth. Decided against it.



I figured she probably wanted to wish me a Happy Mother's Day since she knew I would be a little sad that that girls were not here with me.



So this morning, I called her back.



GOOD NEWS: Yolanta has her passport!!

Both girls have their passports!!



(She told me she's an insomniac and was awake after midnight and would have welcomed my call!)



Once the children have their passports, they can be scheduled for a visa appointment. And it's the visa appointment we are to be there so we can bring them home!



LeAnne is expecting an email later today to confirm the date of our visa appointment.

Please pray that it is super duper soon.



Everyone, I fully expect the girls to be here in May.



Dear God, thank you for hearing my prayer. Thank you for hearing the
prayers of my friends and families. I trust your timing and your plan. Thank you that it was Mother's Day that LeAnne tried to communicate with me that Yolanta got her passport. Weekend communication is so very rare. But God, You are absolutely fabulous and can bring miracles whenever you want. Thank you for blessing us with these children. Thank you for loving us. Please protect them with your heavenly angels. Please bring them home in May. Thank you for making me a mother to the three most wonderful girls on earth. I love you. Amen.




Rejoice with me!

And stay tuned for the appointment date. I'll update as soooon as I hear.

12 comments:

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

Words can not express the joy I feel for you. I'm trying to explain to Noah why tears are a good thing! I'm praying and will tell everyone I know to pray... this week... record setting Visa acquisition time. You were on my heart so heavy yesterday... I know God is working... Praise HIM.

TheSalvantSeven said...

AWESOME...God is faithful and so so so Gooooood....
Maybe we will see each other at the airport!!

Kismet said...

That is the best news I've heard in a very long time! I am so excited for the whole faimly and am praying that your new daughters feel the excitement being generated on their behalf.


That note from your mother in law was very touching. She is a very sweet lady and I love her fervent prayers.

~K!


www.kismet.blogs.com

The Pfeiffer Family said...

What a blessing!!! We will be praying for a quick Visa appointment. Reading about your entire adoption process and your trust in God and His timing is such an encouragement to me as we are now in the beginning stages of our adoption process. I know it will be a long process, but I can see by your process how God is so faithful to keep us focused on Him and He gives us what we need when we need it. HIS timing is amazing! We are so excited to meet your beautiful girls.
April

Youthful One said...

My heart is in my throat, my eyes are blurred with joyful rain.

I will continue to pray fervently for your sweet sister-trio to be united soon!

Michelle said...

Praise God! What wonderful news! I pray you get an appt. ASAP!!!!!

Emily said...

Praise God! I will be on my knees throughout the week praying that God brings your babies home VERY VERY soon!
We are so blessed to have gotten to know your family through the Community Group and I can't wait to have 2 more beautiful girls joining in on the playing and getting to know you even better!
Emily and Jon

Angela said...

What a beautiful story, exciting news, and PERFECT gift. No one could ever reasonably deny that this was totally God at work, that's for sure.

Cheering with you!!! I can't wait to read the "coming soon" post that tells about your child's homecoming!

The Everett Family said...

woo hoo!

christa jean said...

Can't wait for the day when our SIX little girls will play together!
The Chestons are so happy for you!

tricia w. said...

How exciting for your family. I will pray for your family and look forward to hearing that they are with your family.

Auntie Sarah said...

I am so excited for you!! I have been praying that the process would speed up. News of progress is such a wonderful thing!