Tuesday, May 27, 2008

2 Gifted Girls

Not sure how or why some people get buckets full of talent and creativity and others get, well, a couple of drops of the stuff. But, I'm sure that's how the world goes 'round. What would this place look like if we all knew how to do the same kind of things with the same amount of talent and skill? No one would have awe and inspiration or be moved by art, poetry or music the same way we are now.


My sweet friend Christa is dripping with creative goodness (I refuse to say juices because that grosses me out). I came to know her based on the fact she has a gorgeous singing voice. Funny, when Andrea, my friend from the 8th grade (happy birthday today), was getting married, she asked my husband if he'd sing a duet with her cousin Christa. The first time I met Christa was in our home studio listening her sing "The Prayer" with David. I fell in love with her voice and ultimately with her, and we've been friends ever since. That was about 8 years ago. As you can see from the picture, she's breath-takingly beautiful. She's the one in pink. hahaha. If you're new to this blog, she's the one on your left. The gorgeous one.

Anyway, you have to check her blog out because she displays some of the most beautiful handmade jewelery you'll ever see. I'm lucky enough to be the recipient of many of these absolutely gorgeous pieces. She has private shows where I often get discounted prices. But mostly she is so generous she just makes up reasons to give me personalized jewels. They are my favorite ones in my collection. The Christa Collection. That's her signature. If you look at that pic of me and my sis on the side bar, you'll see I'm wearing one of my treasured sets from her. Christa is, indeed, a treasured friend.
I heard a rumor that she is nearing the completion of opening an online store to display and sell her jewelry. Go to her webpage or contact me if you're interested in purchasing any of her fantastic, creative goods.

Another Girl I'd like to showcase is my dear friend Angela. She is another one of those highly talented people who, if you didn't know her, you wouldn't believe she could do all she could do. Murals, sand paintings, clay molds, photo albums, gosh, the list goes on. There are a million and one things I could say about her personality and kindness and friendship, but I'd be afraid you'd look her up and steal her from me, so let's just suffice it to say she's one of the best friends anyone could ever have. Neener Neener that I have her phone number.

One of the things she does is Glass Painting. She paints windows for banks and coffee carts when they want something fun like a wreath during the holidays, or pictures of coffee cups and summer scenes. She also paints ON drinking glasses. I know, sounds weird. But they are lovely.




In this silly pic, she's the one on your left. Another gorgeous friend! How do I surround myself with beauties? I'll give myself a complex trying to look as stunning as these girls. But those are thoughts better left for another day.




So anyway, check these babies out.



As you know, I have one biological white daughter, and I'm adopting two Haitian black daughters. Angela personalized these glasses to match my cute family.

Aren't they to die for!? My friend Hillory
adopted a Guatemalan daughter and a Chinese daughter and also has personalized glasses that her family loves to drink out of.
To purchase your own set of glasses or inquire about her other work, send me an email or leave me a comment and I'll hook you up.



So, again, the differing gifts that God blesses us with are what make friendships and life AbFab.I feel especially blessed to call two of the most talented ladies alive, my friends.

4 comments:

christa jean said...

You have the better eyebrows, by far! So manicured!

Love yas

christa jean said...

Oh, and all the props for my business name "The Christa Collection" go to you!!!

My ideas were silly like, "Christa's Creations" or something lame like that. Your name idea was way more sophisticated and AbFab!!!

Tiffany said...

It is fun to have Fab Friends. They each make up a different part of our lives and that is something to treasure.

Liz said...

This is a sweet post. I liked your post on Criticism too. Although I don't often speak criticism, I was convicted about my thought life. There's nothing I love like a swift convicting kick in the butt. (luckily I have lots of insulation so I recover pretty quickly) ;)

Someday I will have to meet you Oregon girls.

~Liz