Friday, April 25, 2008

Ikea

Did you hear about that guy who was having his house flea bombed or remodeled or something, and he went to Ikea and LIVED there till his house was ready? It was in the news.



There were pictures of him in his bathrobe just kind of hanging around "his living room" while shoppers came and checked out the sofas and lamps (and gawked at him).

Ikea apparently let him do it because of the publicity it brought. He slept there, ate in the food court and used the bathroom. Yeah, it was weird. His wife stayed with her mom.



Well, my BFF Angela and I went there a couple of months ago and found a cute little room all set up and we fell in love with it. The colors, the lounge floral chaises, the rug, the bookshelves...it just spelled Girlfriend Chatting Area all over! It was absolutely fabulous.



So we sat down and chatted for a while and I was reminded of the guy in the news when shoppers walked by us and giggled at the live mannequins. We had someone snap our picture then moved on. Really, we were there for under 5 minutes. I don't know HOW that guy lived there for as long as he did. It brought the term living in a fish bowl to a whole new meaning.

4 comments:

Brenna said...

Beautiful chaise lounges. I love that pattern. ;)

Kismet said...

Beautiful models. I love how natural you both look socializing there! Especially with the magazine!


~K!

Tiffany said...

Friendship is so sweet!

Blessed Mama of 4 said...

I saw the picture and then read the story - I thought maybe it was Angela's living room ;-)

How cozy!?